If you are a windows user and have never used the “Snipping Tool” then this information will blow your mind.
The Snipping Tool is software that comes pre-installed on Windows. It allows you to take a screen shot, or “snip”, any objects on the screen. The beauty of this is that you can paste the capture directly into Skype chats, an e-mail, your favorite image editing software, and many other places.
I typically use this tool to take snips of the screen to send via an e-mail, but the rest of the time I am using it to screen grab website elements to quickly throw together site mock-ups and ideas in Photoshop.
Using the Snipping Tool
To access the Snipping Tool click on the Windows button and type “snip” into the search box. Under programs you will see “Snipping Tool”, click on this.
- Click on the “New” button in the Snipping Tool.
- Click and drag the area that you would like to take a screen capture of.
- The Snipping Tool will display the capture.
- Mark up the capture as needed.
- From here you can copy the image and paste into many applications or you can save the image to your computer.